District Engineer Career Opportunity in Central Valley!
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in the water industry? Are you an inspired engineering professional who can exercise a wide latitude of independent decision making to carry out the engineering duties of the District? Tulare Irrigation District is seeking a District Engineer who will play an instrumental role in imagining and realizing the future of our organization.
The District Engineer reports directly to the General Manager, and supervises and is supported by an Engineering Technician. This position has engineering responsibilities involving open channel canals and structures, pipelines, pumping stations, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) equipment and facilities, groundwater recharge facilities, regulatory compliance and water supply management and operations planning.
Established in 1889, Tulare Irrigation District supplies surface water to approximately 70,000 acres of irrigated agriculture in the heart of the Central Valley of California. You will be working for a well-established organization located in Tulare, a city which provides a small-town atmosphere with a strong sense of community. If you share our commitment to excellence and our core values, then let us know.
California Employers Association (CEA) in Sacramento is the recruiter for Tulare Irrigation District for this role. If you are up to this challenge and meet the qualifications, we invite you to apply for the position of District Engineer for the Tulare Irrigation District.
- Experience: 2-5+ years of progressively responsible professional engineering experience in civil, agricultural, water, or related engineering field.
- Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering, agricultural engineering or related engineering field.
- Certification: Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California is a plus or willingness to attain this registration.
- License: Must possess a valid California driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record acceptable and approved by the District's insurance company.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with landowners, vendors, governmental agencies and their representatives, the Board, employees and all others involved with the Tulare Irrigation District.
- Ability to communicate both in written and oral form effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• The District Engineer is a management level position that requires leadership but is afforded flexibility to complete his/her job duties.
• Work time is spent inside in an office environment as well as field duties.
• Flexibility in schedule is needed, as at times there may be irregular or extended work hours.
• Occasional travel representing the District at a variety of meetings and functions as required.
Salary and Benefits
• Compensation: Annual salary is up to $100,000 depending on qualifications
• Benefits include: Health, Dental, & Vision - District pays 100% for its employees and contributes for employee’s dependents
• Life and long-term disability plan
• Sick Leave/Vacation in the first year of employment
• Defined contribution retirement plan
• District vehicle options available
To apply: Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and complete resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your complete resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.