District Engineer Career Opportunity in Central Valley!
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a positive impact in the water industry? Are you an inspired leader whose education and work experience exemplifies the ability to lead an engineering department through sound oversight and planning? Tulare Irrigation District is seeking a District Engineer who will play an instrumental role in imagining and realizing the future of our organization.
Established in 1889, Tulare Irrigation District supplies surface water to approximately 70,000 acres of irrigated agriculture in the heart of the Central Valley of California. You will be working for a well-established organization located in Tulare, a city which provides a small-town atmosphere with a strong sense of community. If you share our commitment to excellence and our core values, then this position could be right for you!
California Employers Association (CEA) in Sacramento is the recruiter for Tulare Irrigation District for this role. If you are up to this challenge and meet the qualifications, we invite you to apply for the position of District Engineer for Tulare Irrigation District.
- 5-10 years experience with CA agricultural water operations and issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of public agency protocol (work experience with public agencies and water supply infrastructure is a plus).
- 5 years or more as a practicing engineer in design, planning or project evaluation and development.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and proven results in recruiting, retaining, and inspiring diverse team/organizations in a dynamic and evolving work environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with landowners, vendors, governmental agencies and their representatives, the board, employees and all others involved with Tulare Irrigation District.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in civil or agricultural engineering.
License and Certifications
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record acceptable and approved by the District’s insurance company.
- Registration as a California Professional Engineer is a plus.
- The District Engineer is a management level position that requires leadership but is afforded flexibility to complete his/her job duties
- Work time is spent inside in an office environment as well as field duties.
- Flexibility in schedule is needed, as at times there may be irregular or extended work hours.
- Occasional travel representing the District at a variety of meetings and functions as required.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Annual salary is up to $115,000 depending on experience
- Benefits include: Health, Dental, & Vision -District pays 100% for its employees and contributes for employee’s dependents
- Life and long-term disability plan
- Sick Leave/Vacation in the first year of employment
- Defined contribution retirement plan
- District vehicle options available
To apply: Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and complete resume by March 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your complete resume and cover letter, we will contact those qualified candidates to proceed in the interview process.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: CEA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.